Responsible for gathering details and compiling data to estimate all sales costs based on specifications, preparing quotes and entering them into a system, as well as supporting the sales representatives as necessary.
- Oversee and manage proposals for Landscape, Masonry and Drywall divisions
- Review plans and specifications for jobs bidding
- Perform material takeoffs from drawings provided
- Utilize hand sketching, AutoCAD, or takeoff software to quantify materials
- Prepare material takeoffs to send to vendors for pricing
- Compile information received from outside vendors and prepare detailed and accurate proposals
- Send proposals to bidders provided by sales department
- High school diploma or GED or 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, blueprints, schematics, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format.
- 2 or more years prior experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the building industry.
- Knowledge of drafting and ability to sketch/draw stone and building material shapes.
- Ability to use, or learn to use AutoCAD and/or On Center software.
- The position will require the following physical activities on a regular basis: standing, sitting, walking, talking, listening, and handling. The maximum weight required to be lifted will be 50 pounds or less. Job will be in an indoor, temperature- controlled environment. Typical noise level for this job is moderate.
- Full Time 40-45 hours Monday through Friday each week.